Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Balsamic Chicken

I make chicken breast a lot in our home, so whenever I can find a way to "jazz it up" a little, I try it out! This Balsamic Chicken has become a fast favorite and I usually serve it with flavored rice.


Ingredients: 
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, sugar, garlic and Italian seasoning in a bowl, place the chicken breasts in the marinade and marinate for 10 minutes on each side (or longer if desired)
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Place the chicken in the heated pan and cook until they start to brown. and are no longer pink inside (about 7 minutes per side). Pour the marinade into the skillet *** and cook until it thickens slightly, turning the breasts once or twice, about 5 minutes.

*** Because I'm a total germ-o-phobe when it comes to raw meats, I typically make double the amount of marinade, setting one aside for this point. To clarify, I would marinade the chicken in one "batch" then toss that batch and then pour the fresh marinade in the pan to ensure that raw juices aren't touching my cooked meat. The original recipe does not call for that, again, I'm just a germ-o-phobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment